Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Very Eventful Easter Weekend!!

Easter weekend was very eventful! Not only was it easter, but it was Claire's (my new niece) blessing!! I somehow convinced Jesse to come to Colorado with me for it. So we hopped in the car Thursday around 5. I drove the way up, Jesse was in the passengers seat, and my mom in the back. The drive was lonnng! But we finally arrived around 11:30 pm. I would say that's pretty good driving on my part ;) Anyways we got there and just talked for a bit. Camille showed me her new house since I had never been there before. Then we went to bed. When we woke up Spencer made us his famous egg sandwiches. They were delicious! After that we got ready and went and looked for the bears that live up the road from Camille. (Yes, real live bears) We didn't see them, but we did see some beautiful herds of elk and deer. After that we went back down to Camilles. Jesse and I started up a game on Mario on the WI. Jesse is a sore loser, but honestly we both sucked. Then Angela and Cliff showed up so we hungout with them a bit. Then we went back up to see the bears with them and John and Chelsea... well we saw them!! It was soo cool. A big brown one and two baby cubs! After that we went down into town and ate at the only Chinese place in Rifle, which is actually really good! Then we headed to Wal-Mart to get some easter stuff and headed back to Camilles. Cara and Todd them arrived late that night and me and Jesse got to be lucky enough to sleep in the trailor with them (which wasn't hard cause the trailer is nicer than my house!) That morning I woke up to Jesse saying, "Guess what is outside Alyssa?!", me, being the fantastic guesser that I am said, "Snow?" He, then said, "YA!!" I then peeked out the window to about 4 inches of snow covering the ground.. GREAT! 85 degree's in STG and we come to Rifle for a vacation to snow! Well, it didn't stop us from still having fun. Around 1 pm everyone got there for lunch. Including all of Spencers family, and mine! It was good to have everyone together. Then after a lot of people went home we decided to liven things up a bit with DANCE REVOLUTION2! It was soo fun!! Jesse is the best dancer with that game. He beat me! Well ok, on one dance! But my dad was actually really really good too!! So was John!! (I will post pictures asap!) Later that night we colored some eggs and made HOBO dinners! Delicious! Then we went to bed.... the trailer's heat wouldn't work so we ended up sleeping in a 32 degree camper.... it was nice and cold :) Easter morning was great. Went to church where Spencer gave Claire a beautiful blessing. I got to see the Moss family which was good to catch up. Then we all headed up to Camille's again for lunch! After that we made our long, but eventful journey back home...

Jesse drove this time. When we left Rifle it had started to rain. I fell asleep, not unusual. When we got an hour passed grand junction I woke up cause it sounded like golf balls were hitting out car. It will huge balls of hail! I asked Jesse if he was ok, he then said, yes, we're fine! So I fell back asleep.. about a few minutes later I heard Jesse say, " Oh my gosh, look at those cars!" I then woke up and saw the cars sliding about 30 feet in front of us. I looked at Jesse and he said, "I can't stop either! Be ready!" I started freaking out and telling Jesse not to hit the car! Lucky enough we slid about two feet passed it! He pulled off about 50 ft away and started running back to see if they were ok. I then tried to find some shoes to run back, and my mom started calling 911. When I got to the collision, Jesse and the guy who crashed into the one car was giving the man in the passangers seat a blessing. I then knew that they weren't ok! I peered in and saw a huge contusion to his head and he was unconcious with his eyes rolled back. Jesse said he had a seizure when he opened the door. The driver was also unconcious but finally woke up, yet, he didn't know who he was, where he was, or why he was driving. We then realized that both the cars had brothers in them. They were following eachother home from camping. The bother that crashed into them had a huge gash in his arm with a piece of glass in there. I ran back to my car to get my first aid-kit my dad got me from the hospital. I helped clean and wrap it up while others were helping the other brothers. The ambulance didn't arrive till about 30 minutes later!! My mom texted them and asked how they were doing and the two brothers driving checked out ok, yet the other one had to be life-flighted to the U of U! You are in our prayers Tyson!
When we left the weather was still pretty crappy. In Beaver we hit another storm and saw two roll overs and another bad crash! We were SOOO happy that Jesse was driving and we had his gaurdian angel watching over us that day!! We were also SOO happy to get home.

Other than that Easter was a blast. I thank the lord for blessing us that day to help and serve those around us and to be able to have walked away from what could have been a faital crash! It was amazing to see Jesse be able to help with that blessing cause it probably saved Tyson's life.

I will post pictures soon!!

No comments: